Following the passing of a loved one planning a funeral can be overwhelming, but you are not alone in this. We’re here to support you. Below is some information to help you get started, but you can contact us at any time if you need help.
You should inform our funeral home of the type of service and disposition. Here are a few of the big choices you will need to make, such as:
- Burial or cremation
- If burial, the type of casket
- If burial, the location of their final resting place in a grave or mausoleum
- If cremation, the type of urn
- If cremation, completing the family authorization for cremation
- Any religious services you will need, such as clergy or spiritual leaders
- The types of services you want, such as a viewing, service, graveside memorial, etc.
These questions are just a starting point, and you don’t need to know the answers right away. Don’t hesitate to contact us to gain a better understanding of your options. We’re here to make this process easier for you.
What to Expect When We Meet
When you meet with a member of our staff to discuss your arrangements, it’s important to choose a service that you want and is in your budget.
The funeral arrangement includes:
- Preparing and filing the official death certificate
- Scheduling the services and events (including the location, date, and time)
- Selecting a casket, urn, or other products you may need
- Drafting an obituary
- Arranging necessary transportation
- Selecting pallbearers
We’d like to make this process as smooth and stress-free for you as we can, so remember to bring the following information (or submit it here) about your loved one with you as well:
- Full legal name and home address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s maiden name
- Veteran’s discharge papers (DD-214), if applicable
- Highest education
- Information about the burial location if applicable
- Clergy name and phone number if applicable
- Names and relationships of survivors
- Insurance policy information if using to pay for funeral expenses
Please also bring a recent photograph and any clothing you’d like us to use when dressing them for the service.